A logo or identity sits at the core of everything, but your brand is much more than rolling out your logo once a year to adorn the obligatory Christmas card.
Your company’s brand is the combined and overall look of all its communications, all the elements of your brand that make it recognisable and different, and the more distinctive all these core elements are, the stronger your brand will be. The stronger your brand is, the more likely it will be picked out of the pack by customers so getting all these individual assets right is vital.
At Treefrog we have developed a range of packages to suit all businesses and budgets, ranging from logo packages through to a complete brand development. The key differences are highlighted below:
A logo/identity package:
- Your logo is developed by means of a briefing sheet to identify the key requirements of the logo.
- From that information we develop a number of different concepts from which you can choose from.
- The number of concepts and re-iterations are dependant on the package chosen.
- The different packages are defined by the studio time allocated which is reflected in the number of concepts and re-iterations included in the chosen package.
A complete brand development package:
The brand redevelopment is a more fully inclusive service whereby we carry out research and in depth strategic reasoning to provide a brand strategy to your whole business rather than just a single stand-alone logo.
- A full research & discovery project is undertaken prior to any design work. We learn your business, your customers, your services and your competitors. The logo is then derived from the information obtained from the Market research, Strategy and Brand positioning analysis carried out prior to any logo work.
- This research then helps us build a criteria that the branding must hit, this then defines what the logo should look like.
- The logo is shown as a part of an overall brand strategy and shown in the context of secondary styling with mood boards illustrating a range of collateral to illustrate the logo as part of the overall brand implementation.
The strategy behind brand redevelopment includes the following stages/steps:
1. Audit & research
The project starts by learning about the heart of your business and discovering what makes it tick. We establish your personality, values and attributes – these are key to defining your brand effectively, consistently and succinctly.
2. Defining the brand
We provide analysis and reporting of opinions of key stakeholders, customer profiles and key competitor brands. By defining the key attributes & core values of your brand we can then define the market opportunities and identify the optimal space for your brand to occupy.
3. Creating the brand
Only now can we start to bring your brand to life and move forward with your most important asset – your identity. We then support this by establishing the key elements that you can use to communicate your personality and brand values to the world.
Primary identity development: Based on our research and analysis we present 3 concept routes.
Secondary styling: Effective brand identity is achieved by the consistent use of key specific elements to create a strong and recognisable brand that can stand alone even without the logo. That’s why we surround your identity with examples of secondary styling to your flesh out the brand, establishing some of your most important brand assets.
4. Protecting the brand
Once we have established your brand you need to ensure that it is always presented in a consistent and professional way. Our brand identity guidelines help to ensure your brand remains consistent and avoids inconsistencies that may weaken or confuse your brand.
How we can help your business gain a competitive edge?
Treefrog have a wealth of experience creating identities and building brands for companies of all shapes and sizes across the globe. We learn about the heart of your business and discover what makes it tick. Then, by drawing from this learning process, we can create a whole range of relevant, distinctive and cohesive brand assets to ensure your business looks truly awesome.
Get in touch to find out more about our identity or complete branding service and discover how we can help your company stand out from your competitors and gain a competitive edge.